Sunday, November 6, 2011

Si tu voir ma mere


If You See My Mother by Sidney Bechet



    The author of this marvel is Sidney Bechet, an American expatriate in France.

Woody Allen places this song at the very beginning of his latest film 


“Midnight In Paris” which talks about an American writer in Paris.

 To be honest, I hesitated to go to see the film; 

 I wasn’t enthusiastic to pay for a film that will talk about Paris that I know quite well. 

The music proceeded in my ears during the film.

 It was an ordinary, yet a subtle piece of jazz until I looked up a couple more information;


 I didn’t know the title of the song until then.

 Immediately, I was touched by the title of the song

which reminiscences about my son who is living in Paris.   

   If You See My Mother? 

 This is not a complete sentence that even my Word says it is a fragment that needs revising. 

It makes me question for a while about what could have 

been the missing clause to complete the sentence.

 We all have a mother and depends on the relationship with our mother

 the complete sentence will vary.

Subsequently, I was deeply wondering what my son would say about his mother….





1 comment:

  1. A piece of music like a painting. It went right into my heart where I circled photographs and memories of my own mother, in a far away place. Thank-you for this backdrop of music for how it feels to think of your mother when she is far away, and even though there is a tinge of sadness, you are happy to think of her spreading her magic in the world.

    ReplyDelete